April 26, 2012...one of the Happiest Days of our entire Lives!!!!
I had an appt Monday April 23. The doctor walked in the room and the first thing she asked was "How's your swelling?" Before I even had a chance to answer, She looked at my feet and said "Never mind, you're done!" I think my heart skipped a few beats!
She asked if I wanted to go in that night to be induced. Although I have been waiting for this day to come, I still needed a few days to process the fact that is was "time" to have this baby. So we decided to go in Wednesday night.
We got to the hospital at 10:00pm. They hooked me up to the monitor to watch baby's heart beat and monitor my contractions. Then they slowly dripped pitocin all night to start more frequent contractions.
Eric being the amazing husband he is, was by my side the entire time!!
I received an epidural (yes an epidural. I wasn't even going to try to be tough and delivery naturally!) at 8:30am. Dr Macy came in at 9:30am and broke my water. That's when labor started although I was still not feeling a thing. I kept expecting intense pain but that never happened! I guess that is one pro about being induced. :) By this time I think I was dilated to about a 3. My Amazing nurse was constantly making sure everything was ok and that baby's heart beat was where is should be with each contraction. At 12:30pm I was dilated to a 6. By this time my contractions were super intense and I was SO thankful I chose an epidural. The nurse decided to check me again at 1:30pm just in case and to her surprise I was complete. My heart skipped a few beats again when I heard her say "complete". I know what that means...time to call the doctor because this baby is on his way.
I pushed twice with the nurse and the top of his little head was visible. Dr Macy got there a few minutes later. I pushed 3 more times and he was out.
The emotions Eric and I both felt are indescribable!!! Hearing his little cry for the first time was the most AMAZING sound I've Ever heard!!!!
When they laid Kyson on my chest, my whole world stopped!!!!
We are parents to a precious baby boy!!
And we begin......
Eric cutting the cord
It's crazy how blue they are
Pure love!
Kyson and our Amazing nurse, Shannon
Weight: 6lbs 7oz
Length: 19in
Proud Daddy
My sweet baby
Kyson and Daddy
First bath
I am so thankful that everything went smoothly!!
We now begin a Whole New Chapter of our Lives!!!!




4 comments:
I am soooo happy for you guys!! It is so funny how similar our birth stories are.... Hahaha. Conrats!!!
We are so happy for you and Eric! Congratulations :) You will be an amazing mom! Kyson is adorable!!!
What a neat experience!! I'm so glad it was a smooth one too. :) I'm totally pro epidural!!
Life as Rice is great. Sorry, just Googled my name and ended up here. Glad to see such a cute little one sharing the name.
Post a Comment