Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Claire's Birth Story

Tuesday February 25th started out like any normal Tuesday.
It was a late night at work so I went in at 9:00am and our last patient is usually around 7:00pm.
I had the normal Braxton Hicks contractions all day. And by all day I mean I would usually get about 6-8 an hour depending on what I was doing. I started getting them before I was even 20 weeks.
Then around 6:30 I had a contraction that was a little more uncomfortable and then another one on my drive home. They were not painful just more uncomfortable than usual.
My Mom and Tommy came down that night for some Doctor's appointments that Tommy had Wednesday morning.
We were all sitting in the living room when I told Eric that we may have to cancel some plans we had for Saturday night because I had a few uncomfortable contractions earlier and we may have a baby before then. I don't think he really believed me that the baby may be here sooner than expected.
We went to bed around 10:30 and around 11:00 I had my first painful contraction. From then on, they were getting more and more painful and closer in time. By 3:30 it was "toe curling, crying, squeezing Eric's hand so hard" kind of pain. They were about 6 minutes apart and I couldn't take it anymore.
"I think we need to go!!!!"
I didn't have a bag packed so I packed what I could between the pains and having to stop doubled over in extreme pain with each contraction.
My Mom and Tommy were planning on leaving around 5:30am so Eric asked if she would be able to stay with Kyson. She of course said yes and we left.
Eric gave me a quick blessing and we were out the door!
By the time we got in the truck and were on our way, my contractions were about 2-3 minutes apart and I wanted to DIE!!!!!!!
My sweet husband encouraged me the whole way - "You can do this Babe!! I know you can!!"
They checked me as soon as I got to McKay Dee and I was dilated to a 5!
I was GBS positive so they were rushing to get the antibiotic in me since I have to be on it for 4 hours before I can deliver.
They took me into the delivery room and got me ready for the epidural.
I'm pretty sure the anesthesiologist wasn't in any real hurry and took his sweet time because it seemed like FOREVER!!!!!
Finally...the pains started to go away and I could relax.
I was already Exhausted!!!
Four hours later, they checked me again and I was at 8cm.
My water had broke but not completely.
They called my Doctor.
She got there a little after 9:00am.
"Ok, let's break your water and get things started"
She checks me again!
"Never mind! You're complete! Lets have a baby!!"
We called Eric's mom to watch Kyson so my mom could come to the hospital.
She walked in the door minutes before Julia told me to push.
Three easy pushes later...Claire Hannah Rice was born at 9:30am. Less than 5 minutes after she broke my water.
She weighed 6lbs 11oz and was 19.5 inches long.
Beautiful and Healthy!!!
Unfortunately we don't have many pictures of her delivery. Eric literally didn't have time to take any.









We are so In Love with our new addition!!
Kyson is already a Wonderful Big Brother who can't stop kissing her!!
We are so blessed and thankful for our little family!!



No comments: