We decided since it was the 4th of July weekend, we wanted to go somewhere that wasn't going to be super busy.
So, we chose the high Uintas by Little Elk Lake.
It was BeAutIfuL up there and we got to spend time with the Houses and the Partridges.
But...we made a quick stop in Park City to watch the parade.
I wasn't too impressed. They didn't have any fun, fancy, colorful floats.
We left a little over half way through and made our way into the mountains.
Our trip didn't start out great with a flat tire thanks to "the road from H-E-L-L"
All of a sudden we heard "pshhhhhhhhhhh"
The tire was flat within seconds.
But, we got it changed (and prayed the spare would hold out for the rest of our trip).
I have NEVER been on a more rocky bumpy road in my entire life.
I was so glad to finally see our camp spot!
I have loved camping ever since I was a little girl.
I don't know if it's the
peaceful feeling
s'mores
camp fire
fishing
relaxing
tin foil dinner
dutch ovens
but whatever it is, I still love it to this day.
Kyson is at a hard age for camping though.
He isn't walking yet but is so busy and doesn't like to sit still.
I had to step out of my comfort zone and let him crawl around in the dirt.
That was HARD!!
Not because I didn't want him to get dirty (hello, he's a boy)
but because I myself am paranoid about Ticks and Spiders and the thought of them crawling on my helpless baby boy made me a little anxious!!
But, despite how I felt, he loved it!
We played horse shoes...
Hiked...a very steep rocky mountain!!
Kyson did NOT like his head in the shade!
Big Elk Lake
Fished...
And played games in the tent during the rain storm...
We had a WoNdeRfuL weekend with gReaT fRieNds!!





No comments:
Post a Comment